No matter the season, healthcare organizations have a lot on their plate, and handling the billing and payment for hospitals and doctors’ offices can be extremely time-consuming. Ever-changing laws and regulations in accounting and finance don’t make the job any easier.
Although healthcare outsourcing within the medical field may not be widely discussed, it’s becoming more common especially for tasks such as medical billing.
Have you noticed inefficiencies, challenges, or the quality of your medical practice being compromised due to issues from billing? Medical billing outsourcing may be the solution to your organization’s problem.
Should Your Healthcare Organization Outsource Your Medical Billing?
Making a choice to outsource your medical billing can be a big one, but when left unaddressed, issues like employee turnover, delayed payments, or overburdened staff will quickly run your practice into the ground. Here are five signs you should consider healthcare outsourcing.
- Inefficient Workflow: Without a proper strategy or process in place, you’ll find that people are confused, and mistakes are being made. Steps will be missed, and your practice will suffer because of it. Problems like unfiled or rushed claims, less time with patients, or tension between staff are likely to arise.
- Overburdened Staff: More times than not, many medical practices will leave the billing duties to staff members who have established jobs. Pushing extra responsibility on staff who are already working hard and don’t have financial or accounting experience can quickly turn into bigger issues like turnover or mishandled finances.
- Payments are Not Getting Made: When you don’t have a dedicated billing team, you may find that your income stream is slow and denied claims go unmanaged. A healthcare outsourcing partner will handle appeals and collections so that you and your staff can focus on your job.
- Quality of Patient Care is Suffering: If your medical assistants, nurses, or doctors are getting tied up fulfilling billing duties, then they’re spending less time with patients. Healthcare outsourcing can give your staff the proper time and energy to focus on providing excellent patient care.
- Errors Lead to Delayed Payments: Billing and coding errors can keep payments from getting fulfilled. If your staff is already spread thin with their normal tasks or they simply don’t have the background to take on financial tasks, it could be costing you more time and money.
Many leaders in healthcare organizations recognize the above issues within their practice but fear that putting time and effort towards improving their billing practices could be too expensive or impact their patient care. However, the truth is that when you partner with an experienced healthcare outsourcing provider, you will be able to focus on your daily healthcare operations and position your institution to grow and meet higher numbers of patients year after year.
DATAMARK Can Help With Medical Billing Outsourcing
Medical billing outsourcing for the healthcare industry requires an expert approach, so finding a BPO partner with healthcare experience is a necessity. DATAMARK has provided business process outsourcing solutions for organizations and businesses within the healthcare industry since 1989.
DATAMARK can offer 24/7 outsourcing options and secure, reliable solutions for your healthcare finance & accounting services to ensure you streamline workflows while minimizing mistakes.