Not sure whether off-shore, near-shore, or on-shore outsourcing is best for your call center? The global economy and workforce make all three viable options, and if you’re working with the right outsourcing company, quality, efficiency, and cost benefits can be achieved in any location.
However, there are unique benefits associated with each option. Let’s compare, so it’s easier to see which one’s right for you.
On-shore outsourcing means your call center will be located in America if you operate in the U.S. Benefits of on-shore outsourcing include:
- Greater oversight
- Increased security
- Seamless communication
- Better business continuity
- Minimal travel for executives
Near-shore outsourcing typically means choosing a facility in North America, but not in the U.S. For example, DATAMARK is headquartered in El Paso, Texas, and has near-shore options just across the border in Mexico. Benefits of near-shore outsourcing include:
- Lower labor cost over on-shoring
- Lower operating cost over on-shoring
- Access to a highly-educated and bilingual workforce
- Business-friendly government and policies
- Low cultural barriers
- Good business continuity
- Simplified travel compared to off-shoring
- Streamlined communication due to same time zones
When most people think of outsourcing their call center, it’s off-shoring that comes to mind. For example, DATAMARK has facilities in India to serve those who prefer off-shore destinations. Benefits of off-shore outsourcing include:
- Lowest labor cost
- Lowest infrastructure cost
- Access to a highly-educated English-speaking workforce
- Overnight processing of data and documents due to time zone differences
If you’re still not sure which is right for your call center, that’s ok. DATAMARK can help you find the right solution for your needs and get established quickly.