As more and more companies adopt a work from home model, many business leaders are left wondering if outsourcing still fits their needs. Whether your business is looking to shift to a new working environment or you’ve already implemented a work from home (WFH) model, there are plenty of reasons why outsourcing could still work for you and why it may actually be the best move for your business.
Organizations across all industries utilize work from home models, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the advantages of partnering with an experienced Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider. Read on to understand more about why outsourcing can benefit your business even if you’re not in a physical location.
Outsourcing with a Work From Home Model
It’s no secret that the COVID-19 pandemic had an impact on businesses everywhere. Even if your company was remote before the pandemic began, the need for adjustments was clear. Data-driven decisions and expert guidance will allow you to focus on your business’ main functions and set you up for success.
Here are the ways that outsourcing with a WFH model can help your company.
- Business Continuity Planning: Unexpected events like natural disasters, blackouts, hacking and cybersecurity concerns, or even residual effects of the pandemic can and will take a serious toll on your business. An experienced BPO provider will ensure your organization keeps running when these events occur by establishing customized plans and recovery solutions. Business continuity plans often include step-by-step workflow of the recovery process, contact info for personnel and vendors, escalation procedures, alternate site information, and more easily accessible organizations for organizations using a WFH model.
- Agent Retention: Working from home allows employees more flexibility and a better shot at a stable work-life balance. In addition, letting workers go remote means you can tap into talent no matter their location. The WFH model offers other benefits like no stress of a commute, a comfortable environment, and can spark more productivity. Additionally, a great BPO provider understands your brand to the point that they can hire, train, and empower team members that are a perfect fit for your company’s needs.
- Options to Address Seasonal Volume Spikes: Should your organization run a major marketing campaign or you know your industry experiences high volume spikes during certain seasons, outsourcing will give you the ability to handle the increase without taking your team’s attention away from their daily functions. With your team now working from home and adjusting to their duties in a new format, it’s essential that you have an efficient strategy in place.
- Enhance Your Existing Team: Bouncing off the point above, it’s important to note that outsourcing pairs well with a WFH model. It offers the ability to expand dynamically by adding new staff/resources without worrying about space limitations. Additionally, bringing on an experienced BPO provider to take over back-office services will empower your team to focus on their more pressing tasks. Working from home may cater to your team’s needs and financial goals, but it won’t solve the same problems that outsourcing does.
- Save on Costs: You likely already know how outsourcing can save your organization money, but the good news is that this benefit still holds true for companies that work from home. Through employee retention, business continuity planning, increased efficiency, and improved customer service, your company will save big. Plus, when you follow a WFH model, you’re not spending money on rent and utilities, cleaning services, and could even lower your tax burden.
As your company explores the best model for your goals, remember that working from home and outsourcing doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive or mean you have to sacrifice control, productivity, monitoring, or security. In fact, when gone about in the right way, outsourcing with a WFH model can actually help your organization excel.
DATAMARK Can Help Your Company Navigate the Work From Home Model
As your BPO partner, we will conduct a comprehensive business process analysis to ensure we have the proper strategy for addressing your pain points while eliminating redundancy and bottlenecks in your workflow. Initiatives such as performance monitoring and reporting, staff development, flexible business models, you can be sure that your company’s BPO needs are addressed, even when working from home.
With over three decades of experience providing business process outsourcing solutions, DATAMARK can help improve services, process accuracy, quality, security, and allow you to achieve business goals.
DATAMARK’s strategic approach to BPO partnerships will allow your organization to re-think, re-design, and completely transform the way you do business. Learn more about our business process outsourcing services or contact our Business Development Managers.